If you’re gearing up for the holidays, cleaning is definitely going to be the most herculean task. And we don’t mean just the pre-Christmas cleaning, the cleaning up after the festivities are done and your guests have left is monumental too! So if you’re dreading the task and wondering how to go on about it, here are some tips that could help you out.
1. Deep Clean The House
If you’ve been someone who is very regular with cleaning your house, you probably won’t need a thorough deep cleaning before the festivities because the house will get messy with all the joy around. Best reserve deep cleaning for after everything is done. And that would be shortly after New Year celebrations are done.
However, if you rarely clean your house thoroughly, might as well get it done now so that your house will be shiny and fresh during the holidays. Here are some easy deep cleaning tips.
- Vacuum clean everything. This is the best and easiest way to get rid of surface dust & particulate material. Run the vacuum everywhere – carpets, furniture, corners, floors, cupboards, whatever other places that you can think of.
- Wash curtains, carpets & bedcovers with a heavy-duty detergent or whatever is friendly with the fabric of aforementioned furnishings. Air dry them if possible. Sunlight is great at killing pathogens and does a better job of drying them uniformly.
- Kitchen surfaces need a good scrubbing. Counters, shelves, stove-tops – everything that is regularly exposed to grime, oil, cooking ingredients & heat.
- Sinks, washbasin, toilets, bathroom floors, tubs – sprinkle baking soda or detergent powder and use a sturdy brush to scrub them clean.
- The inside of your fridge needs a lot of attention. Holidays are around the corner and the fridge will be needed to stock food. Let’s not keep our precious food in a potentially mold infected refrigerator. To clean your fridge, take everything out, use a mild cleaning spray on all surfaces. Whatever can be carried to the sink, needs to be taken there and scrubbed clean with dishwashing liquid. The rest should be gently exfoliated and wiped dry.
- Declutter. We cannot stress enough on the importance of this step. No matter how much you clean your house, it won’t be truly clean unless you’ve taken out the clutter. Look up Marie Kondo and her beautiful philosophy on how decluttering can make way to a healthy mind & life.
2. Hire Professionals Cleaners If Needed
There’s no shame in getting help. Yes, it will cost you more than if you were to clean it yourself. But it should be totally worth it as you get to come back to a clean, healthy home. Professional deep cleaning services are required for homes that have never gotten a deep cleaning for a year.
If you live in an Indian metro city, we’re sure there will be no dearth for companies or vendors who provide deep cleaning packages based on the size of your home.
This is also recommended if you or your family members are allergic to dust and grime. At the end of the day, our goal is to have a clean home on our hands. Not a clean home and a nasty rash or breathing issues caused due to dust.
3. Use This Chance To Give Your Home A Makeover
If you’ve done your deep cleaning and you’re decluttering well, there’s a good chance that the home will look massively different at the end. That’s a good thing! You can think of this as a new canvas to create some fresh art on!
If you’ve been wanting to give your home a makeover with some new furniture & appliances, don’t forget to check out Guarented’s amazing collection of furniture products and appliances. Or if you want a whole new look from scratch, we also offer interior designing services for both homes & offices.
Enjoy The Festival Season!
The world is celebrating the month of December with aplomb. Christmas is around the corner. The new year isn’t far off either. On the whole, ‘tis truly the season of joy! Have some friends over, or do the things you’ve been putting away for long, be happy and healthy!
With a clean home & clean mind, you’ll be ready to take on the new year with refreshed rigour!