After much waiting (nearly 11 months to be precise) the Christmas season is upon us! Christmas is one of the most widely celebrated festivals across the globe and most people just love how there’s a very festive vibe everywhere. Beautiful trees, Christmas themed installations, sales everywhere – ‘Tis truly the season of joy!
During Christmas, you’ll most likely come across three types of people –
1) Those who celebrate Christmas with vigour,
2) Those who don’t celebrate the holidays ( it’s the politically correct way to say when speaking to those who don’t celebrate Xmas)
3) People who are just dying for a reason to celebrate.
Well, no matter what category you fall into, there’s no denying that December is the most festive month of the calendar. Because if not for Christmas, the New Year is just right around the corner!
Big Christmas Event At Home?
If you are attending or hosting a Christmas event at your place, you’ll want to look into Guarented’s winter cleaning article to make sure that your home is sparkling clean before the guests arrive. From vacuuming to hanging the decorations, there will be quite a lot to do. So do make sure you print our article and start to implement it, at least a week before your Christmas event.
Here are some easy decoration tips for you if you’re looking into making your home Christmassy without buying too many ornaments or a whole tree.
- Paper trees! Natural pine trees are yet to make a widespread appearance in India. So we have been making do with plastic ones. The issue is that good quality plastic trees don’t come cheap. And to skip that cost, you can easily make a beautiful paper tree with cardstock or just some green craft paper.
- Invest in good lights. Those cheap plastic ones you get will not last. You’ll end up having to buy multiple sets of lights as back up or in worst cases, end up with power outages. Decent copper wire LED lights are all the rage now and they definitely last a lot longer than their plastic counterparts. Just the lights are capable of making your home festive so they are a worthy investment. Plus, lights don’t discriminate. They’re not exclusive to Christmas alone. You can use them for birthdays, Diwali or any other festival you can think of.
- Google is your best friend. Every year, there’s an explosion of Christmas themed content on the Internet during December. DIY decorations are a very trending topic currently and you should definitely use this to your advantage.
- Festive Fragrances! With the cleaning done, your home should smell pretty fresh. But to make things smell more festive, get a simmering potpourri on the stove 30 mins before the guests are slated to arrive. And if you are not a fan of simmering ones, go with scented candles, essential oil diffusers or any natural air fresheners.
- Set up a spot for photography. If you have a tree, it’s vicinity would be a good option. If that spot gets natural light, that would be awesome, however, if your event is at night or if there isn’t enough light, consider using portable lights to flood that area with muted lighting.
It’s Not Christmas Unless There’s Food
Cookies & milk, Christmas log, rice, eggnog – These are the most favourite Christmas dishes in the west. There are no rules here though. Go with what your family and your guests love. If that includes our simple, yet heartwarming Gulab Jamun, go for it! It’s your event, no harming in including your Indian roots too!
But no matter what you are planning to cook, it would be wise if you divide the load and split the whole feast into batches. Cook some recipes ahead so that on the day of the event, you won’t be slaving away in the kitchen or having your home smell of chopped onions or other less pleasant ingredients.
Most folks recommend that you prepare the desserts in advance. Especially ones that need to be cooled, iced and then chilled again, or just stuff that needs time to set up. The salads are best made last and any dish that requires a crunchy element too best go last. Snacks which include cookies and baked goodies can be baked a week in advance thankfully.
Been Wanting To Give Your Home A Makeover? Now’s The Time!
Have you been dreaming of giving your home a makeover for quite some time now? Been putting it away due to time & money constraints? Well, no time like now to go ahead and do it! Why you ask? Because it’s raining discounts everywhere! Especially at Guarented which is one of Bangalore’s leading sellers of brand new furniture & refurbished appliances.
Every e-commerce platform or store is currently hosting a massive sale with prices being hugely slashed! Everything from furniture to home furnishings and decor items is on sale. And since every store brings out their best designs during festival seasons, which includes limited edition items too, there’s no better time to give your home a makeover than right now!
If you are particularly interested in furniture products, please know that Guarented manufactures custom furniture too! If you have a design in mind, or if you want modifications made to any product on our catalogue, please get in touch with us & we’ll craft some beautiful furniture for you!
And if you’ve just bought a new home, congratulations! Guarented now offers interior designing services for homes and offices too! Our designs come with a 5-year warranty and every furniture product in your home will be tailor-made exclusively for you home! And of course, yes! We have a Christmas sale too! For Guarented Shop, use code XMAS05 to get an additional 5% off your total cart value. Use code XMAS10 for rent and get an additional 10 months’ rent off!
Spread Peace & Joy
Christmas celebrates the arrival of Christ, the son of God. You may or may not be religious, but you can’t deny that everything the world truly needs is love and peace. If you wish to make a difference in the world around you, try to give back to society. Distribute care packages, sponsor meals at old age homes or orphanages. Even if you are able to help just one person, that is a big deal.
With Christmas just a day away, Team Guarented wishes everyone the merriest of Christmases! May your days be merry & bright. And may all your Christmases be white!